I’m constantly on the lookout for good recipes that don’t take any added sugar. I have struggled with food issues since the age of 12, and any added sugar makes me crave more and more sugar. Gradually, over the past five years, I have tried to eliminate sugar from my day to day lifestyle. Whenever I ran across this recipe, I was excited to give it a try. I substituted a couple of ingredients and totally illuminated the sugar and/or sugar substitute, and I think it tastes amazing without it. I hope you enjoy it. Give it a try and let me know what you think; do you think it needs added sugar?
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup Protein Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 medium Bananas
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- Combine first six ingredients (dry ingredients) in blender and blend until mixture is fine.
- Add bananas, eggs, and applesauce. Continue blending and stiring until the mixture is well combined.
- Spray a loaf pan with baking spray.
- Pour mixture into the loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.