I decided to try this new white chicken chili, and it did not disappoint. This recipe doesn’t have to be saved for colder weather. The spices and seasonings in this dish taste just as good in the spring, trust me! I think it will be my new “go-to” when it comes to white chili. It took very little time to prepare! The ingredient list looks long, but don’t let it intimidate you… most of these things you will probably have in your pantry.
White Chicken Chili
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Yellow Onion
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 14 oz. can Diced Green Chilis, drained
- 3 cups Shredded Chicken
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 5 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 15 oz. can White Breans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 4 strips Bacon
- 1 whole Avocado, sliced for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once oht, add the onion and garlic and saute for 3 minutes, until the onion is translucent
- Add the green chilis and cook for 1 minute, until gragrant, then add the shredded chicken and seasoningand stir to combine.
- Pour in the broth and increase the heat to medium-high. Stir in the beans and corn. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, then turn off the heat and stir in the sour cream, lime juice, and bacon.
- Garnish each serving with avocado slices, cilantro, and a lime wedge and enjoy!